PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY.
Privacy and Security Policy
Notice of Privacy Practices
Elite Medical Wound Care Services’ Commitment to Your Privacy
Elite Medical Wound Care Services, Inc. (“Elite Medical Wound Care Services”) is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your personally identifiable information, including your protected health information (collectively, “PHI”). PHI includes information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your name or address) and that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to you or (c) your past, present or future payment for the provision of health care. In conducting its business, Wound Healing Experts may receive and create records containing your PHI. Wound Healing Experts is required by law to maintain the privacy of your PHI and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI.
Please note: The laws and regulations in different countries impose different (and even conflicting) requirements on the Internet and data protection. The servers that make the Website available worldwide are located in the United States. All matters relating to the Website are governed by the laws of the state of California, without reference to its conflicts of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Please note that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States, and by using the Website or providing Wound Healing Experts your PHI, you authorize this transfer.
When Wound Healing Experts collects PHI directly from you, it follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the submitted PHI and meets HIPAA privacy standards. Wound Healing Experts uses firewall barriers, SSL 256-bit high grade encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect user accounts and systems from unauthorized access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. If you have any questions about security on the Website, you can contact Wound Healing Experts at email@example.com.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Wound Healing Experts collects the following PHI:
1. Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
2. Health or medical information
Wound Healing Experts fully complies with the privacy provisions of the United States federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). Wound Healing Experts Services’ staff, employees and agents receive training concerning Wound Healing Experts Services’ confidentiality and privacy policies. Wound Healing Experts and its employees will use PHI only as necessary to provide care or for other authorized, legitimate reasons that are compliant with HIPAA.
The primary reason Wound Healing Experts collects PHI is in connection with wound treatment. Access to your PHI will be limited to those employees and authorized agents of Wound Healing Experts who need this information in order to provide safe tele-medicine care. To provide safe treatment, you agree to supply Wound Healing Experts Services’ employees and authorized agents with all necessary PHI.
Wound Healing Experts may use and disclose your PHI in the following ways:
1. Treatment, Payment and Health Care Operations. Wound Healing Experts is permitted to use and disclose your PHI for purposes of treatment, payment and health care operations.
2. Authorization. Wound Healing Experts is permitted to use and disclose your PHI upon your written authorization, to the extent such use or disclosure is consistent with your authorization. You may revoke any such authorization at any time.
3. As Required by Law. Wound Healing Experts may use and disclose your PHI to the extent required by law.
Additionally, Wound Healing Experts may use and disclose your PHI as follows:
1. To analyze usage of the Website and improve the services provided through the Website (the “Services”).
2. To deliver to you any administrative notices or alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Services.
3. In connection with fulfilling your requests for certain products and Services.
4. For market research and project planning.
5. To troubleshoot problems with the Website.
6. To respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
8. In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of the Website’s users or the general public.
9. As otherwise required by law.
When you visit the Website, Wound Healing Experts may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited and average time spent on the Website. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve web design and functionality.
Rights to PHI
You have a right to:
1. View your medical records. You can access your medical records that have been provided to Wound Healing Experts within 30 days of your request to do so. You can view your medical records at any time by accessing your account online.
2. Inspect and copy your PHI. You must submit your request to inspect or copy your PHI online to Elite Medical Wound Care Services. Wound Healing Experts may impose a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, labor and supplies associated with your request. Wound Healing Experts may deny your request to inspect and/or copy your PHI in certain limited circumstances. If that occurs, Wound Healing Experts will inform you of the reason for the denial, and you may request a review of the denial.
3. Amend your PHI. If you believe your file is incomplete or incorrect, you can request that Wound Healing Experts amend your PHI. Wound Healing Experts may, under certain circumstances, deny your request. If that occurs, you have the right to submit a statement of disagreement for inclusion in your records.
4. Accounting and disclosures. You always have the decision whether or not to give permission for your PHI to be shared before it is used or shared. Your chosen health professionals, i.e., primary care physicians or providers that use the Service are prohibited from using or sharing your personally identifiable medical records for any purposes that are not part of normal, routine health care processes. You have the right to receive an accounting of all disclosures Wound Healing Experts has made of your PHI. Accordingly, upon request, Wound Healing Experts will provide you a notice that tells you how your PHI has been used and shared. Wound Healing Experts may charge you for the costs involved in fulfilling any request.
5. Complaint. You may complain to Wound Healing Experts and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated.
Pharmacy and Prescription Routing
If you chose to use the Services, Wound Healing Experts will provide your PHI to a selected dermatologist and the dermatologist will review your PHI and will provide Wound Healing Experts with a diagnosis, any necessary prescriptions and any necessary treatment plan and follow-up steps. The prescription will be submitted to your local pharmacy by the dermatologist. To determine your local pharmacy, Wound Healing Experts may use your home address as provided to enable the dermatologist to determine which pharmacy to send the prescription to. Wound Healing Experts will not send the pharmacy any information about your current address, demographics or PHI.
The Website may include cookies. Cookies are text files that are placed on your computer to store your preferences or for other record-keeping purposes. Cookies and other user tracking mechanisms (e.g., local shared objects), by themselves, do not tell Wound Healing Experts your email address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to Wound Healing Experts by, for example, registering on the Website. However, once you choose to furnish Wound Healing Experts with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie or other tracking mechanism.
Wound Healing Experts may also use other standard Internet technologies, such as web beacons and similar technologies, to track your use of the Website or to track your response to email messages that Wound Healing Experts sends you in connection with the Website. Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for Wound Healing Experts to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Wound Healing Experts may use web beacons to improve your experience on the Website, including to provide you with content customized to your interests and to understand whether users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages so that the Website can deliver relevant content. Elite Medical Wound Care Services’ web beacons may collect some contact information (for example, the email address associated with an email message that contains a web beacon). The Website also may include third-party web beacons so that these third parties may receive auditing, research and reporting information about advertisements viewed on the Website.
The features, services and other aspects of the Website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for anyone under 16 years of age. Wound Healing Experts does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16 other than information on minor children submitted on their behalf by their parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to Wound Healing Experts please contact it at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
Changes to Your Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you may update your profile by making the change on your Account Information page. If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact Wound Healing Experts at email@example.com.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Additionally, the Website may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices, as Wound Healing Experts have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
The Website may contain third party advertisements or offers that are complementary to your use of the Website that may be custom matched to you based on information you provided through the Website, queries made through the Website or other information. If you choose to use these separate products or services, disclose information to the providers or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies. You should evaluate their practices before deciding to use their services.
WOUND HEALING EXPERTS DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PHI. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Wound Healing Experts may use third party service providers to help it analyze certain online activities. For example, these service providers may help Wound Healing Experts measure the performance of its online promotions or determine Website activity. Wound Healing Experts does not share any personally identifiable information about its users with these third parties, and these third parties do not collect such information on Elite Medical Wound Care Services’ behalf.
If you have questions or comments or would like to contact us concerning this Privacy Statement, please contact us by ordinary mail at the company address below.
If you want to make use of your right of inspection or rectification, please contact us by ordinary mail at the company address below. If you do not want to be informed (anymore) in the future about are new products and services, please contact us by ordinary mail at are Company address below. If you don't wish to receive further e-mail notifications, please use the unsubscribe possibility listed in your e-mail.
Wound Healing Experts
Subsidiary of DOKhealth
5120 Ward Lane Rocklin Ca 95677